Thursday, February 25, 2016

Back to the Future

Ideas from yesterday:
I found it interesting that the marketing and artistic sides of the magazine are so split. In my mind, I hadn't separated the two sides into distinct categories. I also didn't know that they produced advertisements for the companies that advertise with them. I thought that most companies would have their own advertisement and give it to the magazine. I wonder if that is more common with bigger magazines and bigger companies. Finally, I was intrigued by the time frame. I didn't know that they decide on their cover stories a year in advance. I guess it makes sense, though. So they can get the seasonal pictures ahead of time. (Like getting a snowy picture during Christmastime for a cover the next December issue.)

Magazine: If I worked at a magazine, I could see myself at 417 Magazine because I like the Ozarks. I like the lake, and the Branson area, and the scenic/mountainous parts of Northern Arkansas. I could see myself writing articles at the magazine about restaurants and things to do in this area.

In 1 Year: I would like to still be in college in one year. I hope that track is going well, that I am getting good grades, and that I am making new friends in college.

In 5 Years: I hope that I am either starting a career or graduate school. I hope that I have close college friends, and I hope that my sister and I are still close. I hope that I'm further down south than I will  be for college.

In 10 Years: I hope to be enjoying my career. I hope that I am still close to my sister. I hope that my siblings and I are all happy. I hope my sister is a doctor and I hope that I if I am in a northern state that it is at least filled with beautiful countrysides and hills.

In 50 Years: I hope that my siblings and I have all married. And if one of us hasn't married, it is by choice. I hope to have one or two children, and I hope I have enjoyed my career.  I hope that I have written a cheesy romance novel (see bucket list written in 7th grade) and I also hope that I have visited the UK and Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. I also found the time frame and scheduling of the magazine interesting, and I like that you could see yourself living in the Ozarks, enjoying your life here, and writing about it. It is a beautiful and easy place to live but many people just want to be away from what they've always known. I can't wait to read your cheesy romance novel one day...

    ReplyDelete