Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dream Threads

I came into consciousness with the usual disorientation that comes when waking in a strange place. There was severe bruising on my left arm and a deep laceration that I couldn't even feel. This is the first thing I saw when I awakened. I turned my head and saw the IV in my other arm. I had no idea why or how I was there. Then I remembered: walking in the field, the darkness, the sudden spotlight in the sky. . .


I ripped the IV out and got up. Luckily, the door was unlocked. I left the room and walked down the hallway. It was similar to a hospital, but the equipment was slightly different in design and materials. Everything was angular, and the parts that looked like they should be made of metal were of a deep purple substance that glittered.


With a few quick maneuvers when I heard footsteps or voices approach, I remained unseen until I exited the hospital. I walked down the steps that were suspended in midair and found myself on a crowded street. The people there. . .they looked like people. . . but something about their coloring. . .it seemed off. Suddenly, a boy with red eyes, back hair, and green skin turned around to face me. Then he ate my nose.


2 comments:

  1. What an unfortunate event. To wake up damaged and captured by aliens, and then to have their own nose eaten off. Let's hope this remains a nightmare. I think its cool that you replaced the metal with the "deep purple substance that glittered."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of the word "angular" to characterize the setting...and I love the possible typo in the line about his hair--adds a whole new (terrifying!) element to the boy! : )

    ReplyDelete