Thursday, February 4, 2016

If I were in charge of the world. . .

If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel sore throats,
test essays,
bad vision, and also uncomfortable shoes.


If I were in charge of the world,
there'd be German shepherds,
and twin kittens, and
pet ponies for every little girl.


If I were in charge of the world,
you wouldn't have mean.
You wouldn't have tears.
You wouldn't have bad backs.
Or exhausting band trips to Oklahoma.
You wouldn't even have Oklahoma.


If I were in charge of the world,
a piece of chocolate lava cake with ice cream,
and hot fudge and extra sprinkles would be a vegetable.
All days would be a good hair day.
And a person who sometimes forgot their i.d.
and sometimes forgot to charge their phone,
would still be allowed to be
in charge of the world.


3 comments:

  1. I love the image of the Queen bee herself there--makes your proclamations seem that much more mandatory. I think it's funny you'd cancel Oklahoma and I am all for the "twin kittens" for every little (and big! please!) girl... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes to cancelling oklahoma. retweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with getting rid of Oklahoma; too many long band trips to and fro have ruined the panhandled state for me. I relate to a lot of the stuff on here too, like uncomfortable shoes and every day should be a good hair day.

    ReplyDelete