Saturday, April 2, 2016

Move-E

Movies.

Movies require a certain environment to be fully enjoyed. I like to have a dark, quiet room. I don't really like watching movies alone, I'm not sure why. Also, the best movie experience includes an overabundance of popcorn and candy. But the candy needs to be pre-opened so as to avoid the awkward crinkle noise in the quietest, most dramatic part of the movie. When I'm watching a movie at home, I usually lay on the ground with a pillow and a blanket. I also love to drink milk while I eat popcorn. Something about that combination is satisfying to me.

If my life were a movie, it would probably be pretty boring. I'm not a very exciting person. I guess there could be a lame sports movie about the softball team, when we won districts. It was exciting to be on the first Kickapoo softball team to win districts. However, we didn't win anything in the state tournament, so that is why it would be lame. There could also be a drama about random emotions I have as an introverted teenage girl, but that would be boring after about five seconds. It couldn't be a romance, since I haven't dated anyone. I guess it could be the anti-romance. A major plot point could be me drowning my sorrows in milk, popcorn, and Pride and Prejudice. But that may be a little dramatic, and upsetting for the younger viewers. Other major plot elements could be me being nerdy. For example, marching band competitions and Calculus tests. Also, there could probably be a whole 30 minutes dedicated to me struggling through AP Lit. last semester. It could be like a survival movie.

When I was little, my favorite movie was Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. I loved that movie. Mostly because it was all about horses. And I was obsessed with horses. I also really liked the soundtrack. I'm not sure why, but that movie really tickled my fancy. Spirit is also the movie I watch when I am sick. If I stay home from school, you can almost be guaranteed that I have dusted off our old VHS copy of the movie and am watching it with kleenex stuffed up my nose.

My older sister and I have movies that we always watch together. When Megan was in high school and I was in middle school, we watched Letters to Juliet somewhere around once a month. The movie is set mostly in Italy, it has romance, and the main character is cute. What more needs to be said? More recently, we tend to watch Pride and Prejudice together. The elements of  humor, romance, awesome music, and 1800's England all work together quite nicely.

 Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice

1 comment:

  1. Pride and Prejudice has been on TV lately and I have to watch it every time, no matter what point in the movie I stumble upon it.

    ReplyDelete