Saturday, April 2, 2016

WHAT would you do?

The letter I sent to my Chinese pen-pals

Dear Sunny,

Hello. We just watched and discussed the episode of “Wife Swap” that you all watched. The people on that show seemed a little ridiculous to me. For example, I thought that the husband that hunted (I don’t remember his name), was super rude to his “new” wife. I thought he was a little misogynistic. It was even worse, in my opinion, because she was a stranger. Usually people are more polite towards strangers.
On the other side, I thought that the family from Ohio was crazy. I felt bad for the kids from Ohio because it seemed like their mom was making them do too many after-school activities. I think kids need time to explore and play on their own terms. Furthermore, what happens when they start having a lot of homework and they are constantly busy with dance, cheer, or whatever else they are doing. Also, I agreed with the “redneck mom” for starting to discipline the kids. It is important for children to respect their parents.
Basically, I thought the people on the “Wife Swap” show were odd. It is a tv show, so they may have been acting more dramatic than they usually do. Especially at the end, when the two wives started yelling at each other. First they were all talking, then all of a sudden they were yelling and screaming at each other. I think they may have been behaving like that to make the show more interesting or something. However, it could have been real. It is hard to tell.

Sincerely,
Kaitlyn

1 comment:

  1. Yes--you have to wonder if being on TV like that brings out people's true colors or if it brings out their inner actor/actress.

    ReplyDelete