Friday, April 1, 2016

Art and Stuff

Memory from Artwork

The painting I looked at depicted the ocean with clouds. It reminds me of when I visited Boston. I haven't seen the ocean very many times, so when I think of the ocean I think of Boston.

The first time we visited Boston, we walked the Freedom Trail. It was fun, and also very tiring. I have two distinct memories from spending a day walking around Boston. The first was that while on the trail, my family and I climbed an obelisk. I think it was a smaller version of the Washington Monument. A quick google search reveals that it was supposed to memorialize the Battle of Bunker Hill. I don't remember all that. All I know is that there wasn't an elevator, and on my 8-year-old legs, it felt like we were walking miles and miles and miles to reach the top. When we reached the bottom, I remember somebody saying that their legs felt like spaghetti.

While in Massachusetts, we decided to go to the beach. One thing I remember is that there weren't sea shells, there were rocks and stones. I also remember going to visit Plymouth rock, and being disappointed about its size. I thought a rock of such repute would be larger.

The next time we visited Boston, my mom, sister, and I went on a whale watching trip while my brother and dad watched a baseball game at Fenway Park. I remember watching the shore until the tall buildings of downtown Boston disappeared completely. Eventually, we saw a couple of whales. I don't remember very much else about the whales.


Haiku Inspired by Artwork

Through the blanket I
feel the hard ground but above
I see greens and blue

1 comment:

  1. I love the on-the-ground-looking-up perspective of that piece. And I would love to visit Boston one day!

    ReplyDelete